1. Need to put books, articles, movies, etc. on Reserve at the library for your students?
2. Need scholarly and popular resources for your students' research papers?
3. Need to find books and articles for your own research?
4. Want to suggest the library purchase a book / movie / subscription?
5. Want to schedule a time to bring in your class for a library instruction session?
6. Have any questions at all?
1. Submit your Reserves list via the library's website to have books, articles, or films held for in-library use only to ensure students have access to materials.
>> library.sva.edu > Services > Faculty Reserve.
2. The library’s subscription databases provide access to some 37,000 magazines and journals, as well as millions of images of fine art, art history, film and television, news and stock photos. E-resources can be access from anywhere, using your MySVA login.
>> library.sva.edu > Databases.
3. The SVA Library participates in InterLibrary Loan with thousands of libraries around the country, so we can assist you in tracking down difficult to obtain books and articles. For items in New York area academic libraries, check with the reference librarians to get a METRO pass for day access.
>>library.sva.edu > Services > InterLibrary Loan.
4. Purchase suggestions and requests can be submitted using the website or in person with a librarian. In addition, each department has a Liaison on staff at the library who is happy to work with faculty and staff to ensure that the library’s collection supports the needs of the curriculum.
>>library.sva.edu > Services > Request for Purchase.
5. Contact our Associate Director, Rebecca Clark - firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.592.2944, to schedule an instruction session for your classes where we cover general research skills and demonstrate how to use the catalog and subscription databases for research. Other instruction librarians: Phoebe Stein email@example.com 212-592-2672 and David Pemberton firstname.lastname@example.org 212-592-2664.
6. Let us know! Consult a reference librarian in person, on the phone 212-592-2660, or via e-mail: https://sva.libanswers.com/